The perfume of wine + VINSEUM
prices from24.50 €
Welcome to the unknown world of spirits and wine culture
The world of spirits is unknown but has a long tradition in our country. Remember that brandies are distilled from wine. It is an established product, well-known in Catalonia and especially in the ??Penedès area.
In Vilafranca you can find the Mascaró distillery, best known for the production of craft spirits since 1945.
Vilafranca also houses one of the oldest wine museums in Europe. The museum offers a cultural journey to the origins of winemaking.
Firstly we visit the Mascaró distillery
The visit includes:
1. Welcome and brief introduction
2. Visit to the old distillery and explanation of the distillation process
3. Visit to the aging warehouse and tasting of different brandies from different grape varieties
4. Distillates tasting paired with chocolates produced in Vilafranca del Penedès
Then you will visit VINSEUM.
The tour includes:
1. Access to the Royal Palace of Vilafranca, a building of civil Catalan Gothic style recently refurbished
2. Audio guided tour of the permanent exhibition of the Museum.
a. Route that starts on the 3rd floor in the space called Rebost with a very suggestive introductory audiovisual.
b. Visit to the 2nd floor areas (Tirs and Clos) where it is explained the jobs in the vineyard and how making wine is a matter of science and patience.
c. Visit to the 1rts floor areas (Molls, Sobretaules and Aplec) where it is explained how wine has traveled throughout the world, all the different wine tasting moments and how wine brings people together and makes them talk.
3. Tasting of wine or cava at the museum’s Tavern room (1 glass).
Tipus: VisitWine-tastingGuided tastingWine and Cava tastingGuided tour
This pack is only available on the second Saturday of each month in Catalan or Spanish.
The schedule of the visit to Mascaró distillery is at 11h
Museum visits can be done in the museum's opening hours (from 2 May to 30 September from 10 to 19h. 1 October to 30 April and from 10 to 14h 16 to 19h) .
It is essential to do both tours on the same day.